Reports to: Founder
Closing date: 28th February 2022
Based at our Saddleworth Warehouse
Charlotte Mills Ltd, is a british bridal brand based in Greater Manchester. Charlotte designs luxury bridal shoes which are handmade in our factory in Spain. We’re currently hiring for a Merchandising Assistant to work with our small but growing team at our head office.
We are looking for a Merchandising Assistant to order supplies and stock based on our company’s needs.
Merchandising Assistant responsibilities include tracking deliveries and updating order records (e.g. dates and invoices and updating the team).
Ultimately, you will make cost-effective purchases for supplies and ensure we maintain a fully stocked inventory by working closely with our Merchandiser.
- Monitor stock levels and identify purchasing needs
- Work closely with our Brand Manager to liaise with our Factory in Spain
- Track orders and ensure timely delivery
- Work with suppliers to maintain critical path/delivery schedule and manage pre orders
- Evaluate offers from vendors and negotiate better prices
- Sales and returns analytics & reports
- Maintain updated records of invoices and contracts
- Follow up with suppliers, as needed, to confirm or change orders
- Reporting fitting comments and approving confirmation samples with the factory
- Conduct market research to identify pricing trends
- Liaise with warehouse staff to ensure all products arrive in good condition
- Assist the warehouse staff with packing orders, customer returns and stock takes as and when needed
- General housekeeping and admin assistance for the warehouse team
- Undertake any other duties and/or responsibilities as may reasonably be required by management from time to time
- You may also be required from time to time to work additional hours including but not limited to providing support around events and hot markets. This may involve weekend and late night working.
- Work experience as a Merchandising Assistant, Buying Assistant or similar role
- Good understanding of supply chain procedures
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Solid organizational skills
- An enthusiastic individual who is able to come up with their own ideas and processes. Must be excited to work within a growing, enterprising business.
- BSc in Merchandising, Buying, Business Administration or relevant field preferred
Salary: £22,000 per annum
Please apply with a covering letter and CV to email@example.com with the email subject ‘Application for Merchandising Assistant’ by February 28th 2022. Due to the high volume of applications we will receive, we will be unable to respond unless you are successful. Interviews to be held early March.
We are always looking for motivated and creative interns to join our team.
If you're currently studying at University in Manchester, or the surrounding areas and are looking for a placement opportunity please get in touch with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org